Being that I have declared this the week of the potato, I have to include this recipe. I’m not going to make it though. It’s not really a dinner-for-two side dish, more of a Christmas lunch kind of side. I like to serve it alongside turkey but it goes well with ham as well — it’s sour cream and cheesy goodness are reminiscent of perogies.
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper
- 1½ cups grated cheese (cheddar, parmesan, goats cheese or mixture)
- 2 cups sour cream
- Peel the potatoes and boil or steam until just tender. Allow to cool and then grate with a box grater into a bowl.
- Mix onions, salt, pepper and 1 cup of the cheese with the potatoes. Fold in the sour cream. Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish and top with the remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake, remove from fridge at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake for about 35 – 40 minutes at 170℃ (350℉) until bubbling and golden.