In another effort to use up my potatoes I decided to make potato salad last night. While it’s winter here in Sydney, it’s summer at home, which is a good enough reason to make potato salad. This recipe is from a restaurant in Vancouver called The Tomato. They serve this as a side dish to most of their sandwiches and it’s excellent. I had a friend who worked in the prep kitchen for a while so she pilfered the recipe. Since I never wrote it down, this is the recipe from my memory, but it seem to work pretty well. This is awesome barbecue fare, but it’s also pretty good with a pan-grilled steak on a winter’s night.
- 1 kilogram (2 pounds) baby red potatoes
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 red onion, finely minced
- ¼ – ½ cup fresh dill, chopped (I love a lot of dill)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the potatoes into halves or quarters depending on their size and steam for about 10 -15 minutes until tender but not falling apart.
- Allow the potatoes to cool.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and toss with the potatoes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.