I’ll admit, I’m a little toasted tonight. Drunk and watching Heston Blumenthal prepare a cockentrice. I hate to admit it, but other people’s creativity sometimes leaves me ready to crawl into a hole and give up. Perhaps it’s the competitive instict, you know, win or die.
For this reason I have provided a picture of a guinea pig dressed as Matt Preston (only Aussies will understand this) and the recipe for a Manhattan. And please don’t feel that Matt Preston’s creativity makes me jealous. Heston’s creativity makes me turn into Matt Preston, and because of that I need several Manhattans.
Drink well, drink often.
- 2-3 dashes Angoustura bitters
- Maraschino or morello cherries for garnish (and snacking)
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1/2 oz sweet vermouth
- Coat a martini glass with bitters by swirling around the sides.
- Place the cherries in the bottom of the glass.
- Shake the bourbon and vermouth in a shaker with ice and pour into the glass.
- Yum yum yum.