When I’m not making pictures of animals in clothes, I’m teaching English to lovelies from all over the world. The job is ill-paid, but the hilarity is worth every lost penny. At the moment I have an elementary class full of Brazilians, Mongolians, Koreans and Saudi Arabians. Yesterday, one of my Brazilian students left, so we had a party to celebrate/mourn her departure. Instead of the typical bags of Doritos, she brought Brigadeiro, this amazing dessert.
O.K., let me stop and just say WOW. Condensed milk is in my top ten food list, especially the top ten disaster food list. Condensed milk, cooked down with butter and chocolate is now part of my death row meal. Like a super decadent Jello pudding with a cakey base, there is possibly no dessert I’d rather have. Try it, it’s easy and brilliant.
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa, butter and condensed milk. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Form into small balls and eat at once or chill until serving.
- Alternatively, and even better, you can use this as a thick layer of frosting on a thin chocolate cake.