Whenever I have a terrible hangover, like today for example, I obsess about lemonade. Perfectly cold, not too sweet and not too tart. I could drink gallons of the stuff. This hardly requires a recipe but I’ve written one anyways. For a stronger mint flavour you could muddle the mint a little with a mortar and pestle before adding it to the lemonade. Personally I think it is perfect the way it is.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup mint leaves
- Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar with 2 cups of water and bringing to a boil until dissolved.
- Combine the remaining water with the lemon juice in a large pitcher. Gradually stir in the simple syrup, a little at a time, until your desired sweetness is reached.
- Stir in mint and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavours mix.
- Serve on ice (with or without vodka!).